Saturday, March 15, 2014

What is Small and Simple?



What is small and simple?





I get up, every morning at the same time. Work out, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast. Start studying at 8. I study the scriptures, the doctrines, the language. Then we go out. We knock on doors, share cards, contact people who have interest in the message we share, and teach them. It's not the most glamorous lifestyle. It's frustrating at times.

But it is my life.

When I was playing on my high school football team, my position coach (I played wide receiver) was very adamant about one thing: doing the little things. Things like making sure when you lined up, that you had the right foot on the line. Or that when you caught the ball, you looked at it till you tucked it away. (We even had to say what we saw on the ball when we tucked it.) Why was he so focused on things like that?

Because the little things make a big difference.

It's the same thing with us. We might feel unimportant at times, like
"Why would God spend time on me? I'm not that important, right?" Well,
let's think of my football example. If I had the wrong foot on the
line, I would have to take an extra step to run my route. That will
put me about 2 yards off of where I need to be. The ball gets thrown to where I should be, gets picked off, which may lead to a touchdown for the other team. Then we lose....

All because I didn't spend the time on one little thing.

I love sports because I can relate life to them so well. Just like that little example, if God, our Heavenly Father, didn't take time to make sure he did the little things right, what would happen?
This is why I know that God cares about Me. This is really what being Small and Simple is.


The #IAMSMALLANDSIMPLE movement is all about this fact. We are Phenomenal by nature. We are created to do amazing things, and we all have a divine purpose. There are over 7 Billion people on the planet, (that REALLY makes us feel small, Huh?) but we each have God-given talents and abilities. And when we figure out what those really are, we can do anything.


Because "[We] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [us]." (Philippians 4:13)

and also "Yea, I know that I am nothing, as to my strength, I am weak, therefore, I will not boast of myself, I will boast of my God, for in His strength, I can do all things..." (Alma 26:12)


Find Out who you really are. Be Amazing.

Be Small and Simple

#IAMSMALLANDSIMPLE




No comments:

Post a Comment