Thursday, March 27, 2014

One Word. 21 Days.





Ok.... Sorry, but I'm cheating a little this week. Two blog posts in one!

Inspired by one of my friend's mission blogs, I decided to take up the
One Word Challenge. One would challenge is that where you pick one
word to live by for a year. My one word is going to be:

EVERYDAY.





"Success is small disciplines repeated every day." That is a quote
from Pres. Anderson of the mission presidency of the Washington
Vancouver mission. He is probably one of the most successful people I
know. And this is what he lives by. His favorite saying is "Everyday
Everyday Everyday."

Alma 37:6 reads:

Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say
unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to
pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

Now I'm not so sure about you, but I can't think of a single small and
simple person who just wakes up one morning and says "Man, I think I'm
going to confound a wise person today." That just doesn't happen.

Small and simple people do small and simple things. Little things.
Like watching that football till you tuck it in. It's the smallest and
simplest things that make a difference. And so, I make you this life
changing promise. If you truly believe that you have a divine
potential, here is what I want you to do:

3 things, super simple.

1. Every morning and every night, I want you to say a simple prayer to
your Heavenly Father asking Him what your divine potential is.

2. Every morning and every night, do 10 push-ups.

3. Every morning and every night, read 5 verses in the Bible or the
Book of Mormon.

Do these three things for 21 days. It takes 21 days to establish a
pattern, to start a habit. President Anderson gave us this challenge
and asked us to read a sheet of paper every day for 21 days. If I get
time, I'll post it.
This is the 21 day challenge. I promise you that as you do those
things for 21 days, that you will see a magnificent difference in your
life.

"Your commitment to excellence is directly proportional to the quality
of your life." - Vince Lombardi

If you want to improve part of your life, it all starts with you. A
journey of a thousand miles starts with one step, so make it a great
one.

And remember, God loves small and simple things.

#everyday #IAMSMALLANDSIMPLE #21daychallenge #1word

1 comment: